STACS is Recruiting!! Environmental Affairs and Safety (EAS) Compliance Specialist
December 2, 2013
Environmental Affairs and Safety (EAS) Compliance Specialist
Responsible for maintaining ISO 14001 Environmental and Safety Management System documentation, regulatory reporting for environmental and safety legislation (all jurisdictions) for all GTA sites. Ensures compliance with all regulatory and Company Environmental and Safety Management System requirements. Collaborates with site management and EAS Managers to ensure communication of regulatory and other requirements.
Key Roles and Responsibilities
1. ISO14001 Certification Maintenance. Act as the Management Representative for the Canadian certified sites; working with site EHS leads, ensure compliance with ESMS SOPs; review and revise SOP’s; ensure proper document control for ESMS; conduct annual compliance audits in conformance with ISO 14001 standard for certified sites.
2. SOP Maintenance. Working with site EHS leads, review/revise SOPs based on local input feedback from management/supervisory/other staff.
3. Regulatory Compliance. Ensure submission of regulatory reports (i.e. National Pollutant Release Inventory, Toxic Reduction Act, Certificates of Approval for Air, Chemtrac, etc.). Ensure waste water monitoring for all sites. Ensure filing of other reports as required.
4. ISO14001 Certification Maintenance. Manage and participate in internal and external audits and ensure follow up and closure of action items.
5. Contractor Database Maintenance. Populate and maintain contractor database, critical review of submitted documents to ensure regulatory compliance for all safety programs, etc. as per company standards.
6. Other EHS duties such as participation on ad hoc regulatory projects as required (i.e. Fire Code Audits), maintaining HWIN status for all sites, etc.
Education & Experience:
·Minimum 2 years of related work experience in the EHS or related field