STACS IS RECRUITING! - National Health & Safety Coordinator
We are recruiting for the position of National Health & Safety Coordinator.
Specific job duties / functions include:
1. Provide leadership and direction with respect to core health & safety functions, including accident investigation, workplace inspection / hazard assessments, WHMIS, fire safety, etc.
2. Provide direction and leadership to all levels of the organization with respect to the company’s National H&S agenda.
3. Identify issues/concerns pertaining to health and safety and recommend remedial action to mitigate risk to the organization
4. Provide expertise in and interpretation of health and safety legislation to assist the company with ensuring compliance with all appropriate legislation.
5. Develop, co-ordinate, and (in some cases) conduct employee training programs to meet the requirements of government regulations, corporate policies, and location needs
6. Provide assistance to company locations with respect to reporting and managing work related accidents. In support of this goal, the incumbent will manage the company’s Early & Safe Return to Work (ESRTW) Program
7. Provide guidance and direction to Health and Safety Committees
8. Compile statistical data and trend analysis with respect to safety and accident indicators.
9. Manage health & safety related projects, activities, and priorities on time.
10. Manage and (as necessary) updated and improve the company’s existing health & safety system (policies, procedures, guidelines, etc.). In support of this, the incumbent will research and apply best practices to national and local programs.
11. Act as a liaison with external agencies regarding health and safety issues, including the Ministry of Labour / WSIB.
The position is based out of Mississauga, ON with limited travel to other Canadian facilities. Applicable university degree / college diploma and 5 years experience required. Preference given to a CRSP or CRSP in progress.
This is an exciting full-time opportunity that will allow the incumbent to expand single-site experience into a national role.
Interested candidates can contact the undersigned directly at firstname.lastname@example.org or by calling:
Brian Fish, CRSP