STACS is Recruiting!! - Environmental Affairs and Safety (EAS) Manager
Environmental Affairs and Safety (EAS) Manager
Responsible for collaborating on the strategic direction & standards for facility / Company Environmental Health & Safety (EHS) programs. Provides technical EHS expertise to the facility and ensures compliance with all regulatory and Company Environmental and Safety Management System requirements via a hands-on shop-floor approach. International travel required infrequently.
Key Roles and Responsibilities
1. Accident/Injury Prevention. Participate and advise on accident and incident investigations, Behavior-Based Safety (BBS) process, ergonomics task force and support stretching program. Incumbent will also support and provide leadership with respect to internal communications (written and oral), JHSC, WHMIS, site ERT, etc.
2. Shop Floor Focus. Working with site managers and supervisors, ensure upkeep and communication of SOPs to appropriate site employees and audit for compliance. Additional duties include management of EHS corrective actions, providing technical input/support on shop floor, participation in inspections and coaching for various levels within the site.
3. Communication/Training. Conduct in-house EHS training as required, including EHS orientation for site and site-specific training requirements for external courses.
4. ISO 14001Maintenance. Ensure site-specific objectives and targets are achieved, aspect/impact changes are noted and appropriate information is communicated.
5. Environmental. Lead environmental projects (e.g. recycling), arrange waste water sampling, etc.
Education & Experience:
·Minimum Bachelors Degree, CRSP Preferred or in progress
·Minimum 5 years of related work experience in the EHS or related field
·Excellent communication, coaching, presentation and interpersonal skills
·Excellent computer skills – Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Outlook
·Valid class G drivers license required with own transportation
·Ability to Align and engage a team and Build Collaborative Relationships
·Strive for Excellence in Execution